Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Quilt That Started it All.

For the last hour I have been working on my blog and trying to make it beautiful but let me just be honest with myself. I am not that great with computer stuff and html. So I did the best that I could and hope that it won't drive me nuts until I can figure it out! Haha.

Anyways, as I was looking for the perfect picture to put on the top of my page I stumbled across this:
This is the very first quilt that I made. I decided after collecting much amounts of fabric that I would actually try to make a quilt and I decided I would make it for my daughter (whom I was pregnant with at the time.) I started cutting the pieces to this quilt and went into labor the same night (technically morning. ;) ) 
When she was a few months old, I finally got back to it, determined to finish something and here it is! This is the quilt that started it all. From then on out, I have been addicted to buying fabric, and making quilts (and other goods). I love the feeling of getting closed to being finished and in the end having created something SO cool!
Just thought that I would share. :)  

 To this day, she knows that this quilt is hers. 


Ps, as far as things go that I have been working on, tonight I finished the top of this quilt:
Ta-da!
I absolutely love it! Now I just have to get some batting and also figure out what to do with it! 
In the mean time I will be creating the quilt my husband has been dying for. ;)

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to sell this one at the bazaar? I like it a lot. It's really pretty! Is it totally complete?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about the last quilt that is in this post? If so, negative. Well, negative on both. The quilt isn't done yet, but I don't know if I am going to sell it or what. I am absolutely in love with it and the colors. So, we will see.. haha.

    ReplyDelete