Monday, October 3, 2011

Been working.. and quilting.

I have started and to my surprise completed quite a few projects in the last two weeks. First here is Emelia's birthday quilt that I had finished but kept a secret until the day of:




It turned out great. A lot better then I had actually expected and to top it off it was my very first time doing binding on a blanket. :) I figured it out and it just all worked out. (Ps, bear with me on the horrible picture quality. I have pictures taken on my camera but have yet to put them onto the computer so that will come at a later date. For now we have to suffer with cell phone pictures! Yuck!)



Anyways, then I got to looking at some designs here and there and started to plan a new quilt. The final project was small.. only 36x36 but it was perfect for my little girl who instantly became obsessed with just the quilt top when I was making it. She started carrying it all around and so I just decided to keep is small and have a "snuggle blanket" for her. This was that project:





(Again with the cell phone pictures! I am SORRY!) But anyways, I just loved how it turned out. After it was completed, my friend's daughter's birthday was rolling around the corner. I thought to myself that it would be great fun to give a quilt as a gift. (C'mon! Who wouldn't love that!) I did basically the same pattern but a few of the fabrics were different. This was the final quilt for my friend's daughter:

It turned out great and they loved it! Now I want to make more gifts! :)
Anyways, a lot has been going on here, but I just wanted to take a minute while Emelia was napping and share my recent quilts! 
Until next time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment