Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So Incredibly Proud..

So the other day I was thinking to myself that I would like to step out of my comfort zone for a minute and attempt at making a dress for my little one.
I was so nervous but the idea just wouldn't leave me alone so I acted on it. ;)
I went to JoAnn's and bought a yard of this super cute fabric since it was on sale at a slammin' good price.
 The fabric then sat for a day or two as I pondered and read up on some patterns. I have a great book called Simple Sewing for Baby that I ended up kind of using.
I am a woman who looks and then does. I cannot follow a pattern.
Last night I decided after I put the little one to bed that it was time. I was going to make this dress. I told no one, that way if it turned out a hot mess, I wouldn't be embarrassed. ;)
I cut and sewed.
Cut and sewed.
Seam ripped.
Pressed.
Cut and sewed.
I got horribly lost in the directions and suddenly I just could NOT understand what the heck I was doing. So determined to make SOMETHING cute, I took matters into my own hands and just did what I thought would look and be right.
I could not be more pleased with my first little dress!

Here it is! I love it! 
This morning I could NOT wait for my little one to wake up so I could try it on her!
It fits with room to grow (she's so petite!) and she looked SO mighty cute!
(This is a horrible cell phone picture that does NO justice for the dress. My husband even commented that it was a bad picture because the whole dress isn't visible in the picture. I have a blackberry and it SUCKS and it cannot process as fast as my daughter moves. SO this is what I got. HOWEVER, I did get some AMAZINGLY cute ones of her running around the front yard in the dress and I PROMISE to put them up on the computer as soon as possible!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment