Monday, April 16, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Unfortunately, I have nothing sewing wise to share today.
This is due to the fact that my family and I just moved across town, and I am back in school. I thought that taking online courses would mean less time spent on school shinanagans, but boy was I wrong. 
I have to be online all the time when I am not tending to my little one.
(Which is when she is napping or sleeping for the night.)
This is leaving me a little stressed as my mind is full of ideas, 
And the fabric stash is getting bigger..

Now how am I supposed to explain that to my Husband!?
Haha.


However, something REALLY cool did happen. 
I was grabbing the last of our stuff from our old place, and I got a package from Godiva.
I was really intrigued, yet really confused as to who would be sending me such goodies.
There was no return address from the sender or purchaser of the treats.
So I opened it.
There was a box of Godiva chocolates, all for me. Mmmmm!
(They were really good by the way.)
Inside I looked at the receipt, and still no clues. 
There was a little card on the inside but it was unsigned.
I was really wondering now if I had a secret admirer. ;) 
Thinking that was it, I was about to pack up, but then I saw a small package that looked like it was wrapped like the stuffing of the box.
I opened it, and as soon as I saw the contents, I instantly knew and was incredibly excited!
It was a letter of congrats and a signed copy of Nicholas Sparks' The Lucky One.

Godiva and Nicholas Sparks had a contest a few months back called "The Sweetest Story Ever Told" and you basically entered and wrote a short love story. I wrote mine about the love I have for my daughter and how incredibly in love with her I fell on the day she was born.
And I was a first prize winner!

How cool is that?!
(By the way, Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, I already own all of his books, but now I have this signed one to add to my collection. ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment