Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anniversary

This Tuesday, the 10th of April, my husband and I hit our 5 year anniversary.
(Being that I am not even 22, this makes me feel so old!)
Our day was spent moving across town. 
Oh the joy! 
But now we are getting settled in and the little one seems to really like having all the space to run and play.
In the month before we moved my Husband already had to start working at his new work location, so he was staying at his parents, and I was staying at mine. 
We got to see each other two days out of the week, and while we were apart, I began to work.
Remember these?
Well, they had been sitting for months and I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them.
But I just went for it.

And it all worked out beautifully:
 This was the largest quilt that I have ever made, and yes, there was some difficulty sewing it at my little table.
It is not free of flaw, but it gives it personality. 


I am really proud of myself as well, because this design was 100 percent original. Came straight from my mind. Never seen it, no pattern followed. I just went with the flow.
 The colors of our new home are mostly brown with a little green, which it why I chose the green backing. To match and to break up all of the brown on the font. I also pieced it with left over blocks. :)

 I couldn't be happier with the way that it has turned out. 
I was really proud.
 And ps, I am so dedicated, I stayed up till 3am trying to finish this before my Husband came over to load boxes! 
A few times I almost went to bed, but I decided I needed to do it.
And I did.


 He knew exactly what it was once he started ripping into the wrapping. :)
He loved it! And it's already been being used everyday.

Anniversary quilt 64x64

No comments:

Post a Comment