Saturday, March 17, 2012

2 AM

Ten grueling weeks ago, I went back to school for the first time in four years. 
I mistakenly didn't think that my sewing time would be quite so interrupted,
but BOY OH BOY was I wrong.

I have had zero time to sew, except 2 projects.
That was not enough.
And I have been suffering majorly.

Well, FINALLY the term is over 
(besides finals).

About two weeks ago, I had someone come to me and request two special order quilts, one for her daughter (who is the same age as my daughter almost to the day) and one for her baby who is due this July. I was so excited that she came to me, and I of course took on the project!
So tonight was the night.
The first night that I have been able to sew guilt free.
And I took full advantage!

 I got my set up going, and just went to town.
I just couldn't stop.
And I cut, and pieced all of my final blocks together. :)
I wish I could push through and just finish the quilt top,
however, with a little one, I have to be smart.
So I will just finish it up during her nap time tomorrow.

Oh it feels so good to be back at my machine.
And I honestly think that she missed me too, because she was sewin' like a dream tonight.


Two last things:
1.) Tonight I realized my new found love of orange fabric. I want to get more of the orange pictured above to make my daughter a skirt.
2.) I never realized how incredibly soft organic cotton is, until tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment